2017/12/19 - LIBPF 1.0 released
Today 2017-12-19 we record the official release of LIBPF 1.0.
After 12+ years of development, the LIBrary for Process Flowsheeting is mature and ready to make the Digital Transformation happen in the process industry right now.
LIBPF 1.0 gets released 7 years after the release of LIBPF 0.9, but it has been running in production on our systems, in the cloud and at our customers for a while.
Go ahead and get in touch with us if you have any Industry 4.0 application in mind that involves the simulation of continuous industrial processes !
The key improvements of LIBPF 1.0 are:
Extensive refactoring, testing and optimization of the calculation kernel;
New unit operation models:
- heat transfer rating: shell & tube exchangers, falling film and thermosiphon reboiler
- selector (copies the selected inlet streams into the outlet)
New phase and stream models:
StreamSimplefor mass-balance only streams and phases
StreamTabular: two-phase stream classes with tabular kVL
- improved IAPWS95 implementation and single-phase IAPWS95 stream types
- Unifac activity coefficient model
PhaseEos: include pressure effects in heat properties
- LIBPF UI now supports cross-platform kernel switching
- LIBPF UI allows simplifed homotopy runs
- new user interfaces: LOCPA (LIBPF OPC Control Panel Applet) and LOC (LIBPF OPC Configurator)
- now all UIs are based on Qt library version 5.x
- migrated the codebase from C++2003 to C++11 language standard
- fully support 64-bit architectures
- support newer compilers: gcc 4.7+, clang 3.0+ and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013+
- Windows: drop support for Windows XP and add support for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
- Linux: add support for debian 8.x (jessie)
- model development workflow in multiple IDEs: Qt creator, Microsoft Visual Studio and XCode
- MSI-based Windows installer is now multilingual and based on WiX
- implemented automatic activation on Windows, Linux and MacOS
- there is now an “installer” for MacOS
- unified API: C++, python, Java and .NET
- RESTful API used in the simevo process app
Stay tuned for LIBPF 1.1, planned for end of 2018 !